Tuesday 17 December 2013

"Guns and Horses" - Ellie Gouding music video 2nd draft


"Guns and Horses" - Ellie Goulding A2 music video 2nd draft/FINAL video from Hannah Alley on Vimeo.

This is the second draft of my music video. I have made many changes to it to ensure that I finalise it to the best I possibly can. For example, I have incorporated several slow motion shots of my friend Jessica performing gymnastics throughout the music video randomly. I have done this because I know that it is another way to keep my audience's attention. Also, I made these shots black and white in order to differentiate between the performance/narrative shots and these gymnastic shots, so that there is no confusion within the audience. I have also cut up the shots a lot more so that they are less long and tedious to watch. Furthermore, specifically I have changed the last scene a lot, where Georgina burns the letter Matt sent her. On my first draft there was a lot of shots of her picking up the letter and burning it, which may have become confusing and like I said, tedious to watch. However now, I have cut the shots to the pace of the song and shortened it a lot so that there's literally only about 3 shots of her doing this, keeping it simple and easy to watch. Also, before the video ended on a sad note with Georgina crying as she watches the letter's ashes scatter amongst the pavement, however now I have added a short shot of Georgina singing the last lyric as she smiles to herself, finally escaping the woods. I did this because I believe it gives the music video a resolution, adapting the 'resolution' theorem to it and therefore hopefully allowing the audience to feel satisfied with the ending solution of the video. As you can probably also see, many of the shots no longer look 'raw'. I have made a subtle contrast between the performance and narrative shots by adding an adjustment layer to all of the narrative shots, making them less colourised. Therefore the narrative/flashback shots are duller, introducing a distinct contrast. However, I noticed a few mistakes/problems with this video such as some narrative shots did not have this adjustment layer on them such as the first few narrative shots when Georgina is getting ready for her date. I did this by mistake, therefore I will be changing this for my third draft. I also know that some of the shots are probably still a bit too long, so in order to make the music video more interesting to watch, I will be changing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment