Monday 16 December 2013

Digipak first draft








This is the first draft of my digipak. I know there are many changes I need to make, as I have noticed the main image of my front cover is blurry and a bit too zoomed out. It also looks 'raw', so I think I'll need to add a filter to it to make it look more professional. I think overall my front cover looks quite bland so I will make sure to add different features and filters to it to make it stand out more to the eye. For the CD covers I simply googled 'CD stensil' and imported this to two nature images I had taken in the woods which I thought would be good background images, removed its background, played with the opacity so that it was opaque, and added one on top of both images. I thought this worked out quite well and the ending product looked quite professional, however I know there will be changes I need to make to ensure it looks the best it possibly can. For the third part of my digipak, I simply used a shot of Georgina just finding the horse-riding badges in the woods. I really wanted to capture and use an image of some actual action that happened in the music video so that the audience would see the image and think 'that's what I actually saw in the video', therefore there is continuity and familiarity which I think is an important feature in a digipak. Also, I had an idea to basically make an artists note Ellie Goulding had supposedly 'written' to her fans/audience/customers, saying 'I hope you enjoy it as much as I did', suggesting that she actually really had fun with her songs/music video and wants her fans to, too. I thought this was a great touch because it adds a personal feel to the digipak and makes it also look a lot more professional. Finally, for the final part which was tracklisting, I simply googled 'track list digipak' and had a look at how most tracklists were set out. I discovered that you definitely needed a barcode and website on there, which was interesting; along with copyright information. I made sure to add these, by for instance googling 'barcode' and importing the image and cropping it which was fairly simple. Then, I made sure to use the house colours with the actual track list which was red and black, and made the font capitalised and bold in order for it to stand out. So far I am happy with the first draft of my digipak, however I know that there is a lot of progress I need to make in order for it to look really professional, realistic and generally the best it possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment