Sunday 15 December 2013

Album advert 2nd draft


This is the second draft of my album advert. Even though I have made many improvements to this, I do feel like I prefer my first draft for a few different reasons, so I will need to think about how I will make progress on this. However, after being told by my target audience that my album advert looks too much like a film poster, I firstly changed the font type of the masthead 'Lights' from a script font, to a large, bold capital font for it to stand out more as an album advert. Secondly, I moved this font upwards and then changed 'Ellie Goulding' into lower case and also so that the words were next to eachother instead of underneath eachother. This gave the rest of the album advert a lot more orderly space. Then, instead of having 'featuring the hit single' and 'Guns and Horses' underneath eachother I put them next to eachother and made the whole font white so that it stood out and looked organised. I also removed the soft drop shadow effect I had previously applied to it to make sure it stood out and didn't look too 'dreamy' and amateur. However, now I look at it, I'm not sure whether I actually preferred the 'dreamy' effect on it, so I will reconsider this. I also moved the 'Breathtaking - NME' text down a tad, and then I was finished. However I still believe that my album poster does look a bit like a film poster, so in order to avoid this I will be making many changes in preparation for my third draft in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment