Saturday 14 December 2013

Album advert first draft


This is the first draft of my album advert. I really enjoyed making it, however I know that there are many changes I will need to make in order to ensure that it's finalised to the best of my ability. I really liked the font type of the 'Lights' masthead as the script font gives it a 'dreamy', feminine effect which I believe is the whole music video in a 'nutshell', therefore giving it continuity. I matched the red text such as 'Ellie Goulding' and 'NME' to the model in the main image's actual hair so that the house colours are consistent and it looks professional. With the rest of the text I used a white font colour as black was too dark and faded into the background, whereas with white, it stands out and looks fresh and makes Georgina look innocent. It also matches with her white dress. I chose the main image because I believe that it sums up Georgina's journey in the woods in a nut shell. She is lost and intrigued by her surroundings and wants to find her way out, and she is innocent and feminine. Her pose/stance represents the femininity and innocence as she holds her dress in a delicate manner, yet the idea of her being 'lost' is also represented through her head looking above her as she is in the woods. Also, the fact that she is 'walking' in the picture captures actual action of the moment, making the audience feel like they are almost there with her. The wood surrounding captures isolation and vulnerability. I also believe that it was great to use a picture for my album advert that the actual music video was captured in because this portrays continuity and it means the album advert actually links with my music video, so the audience can relate to it and think 'oh, that's where she was in the music video when I watched it'. I also really liked the way the trees arch around her in the photo, which was another poignant reason for me picking this image. Overall, I know there are many changes I need to make but so far, I am happy with this result of my album advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment