Thursday 5 December 2013

Audience feedback from: Rag'e, on the rough cut of my music video

Transcript:

Me: What do you think so far of the rough cut of my music video?
Rag'e: I really like the video; I like the 5 stages of a break-up that you did, like showing how you can go from a happy relationship to the end of a relationship. I like how you did the break-down of the relationship, I think that's the best bit about it, like how it is narratively ordered.
Me: What improvements do you think I should make?
Rag'e: In terms of improvement there was one moment before the second time the chorus began, and she began miming before the song came in. Also, there was a blip where there was distortion of a clip because it went out of shape and stuff like that. I'd say also, don't have your shots too long, purely due to the fact that when the song kicks in, there is a constant beat and your shots should follow that rhythm. Because if you have a shot that long for about 15 seconds, I feel like I'm going to expect that for the rest of the music video.
Me: Do you mean that with the narrative side or the performance side?
Rag'e: I think that with the shots of Georgina in the woods that is really good, it's just the narrative ones. If you were to maybe use fades and then at least it can give the same steady rhythm in the clip. That will show her heartbreak with fast parts and then will be slower etc.
Hannah: Also, how well do you think I incorporated the codes and conventions of the pop genre?
Rag'e: I think it's the best break-up song - I think it's an interesting song. All the shots and the story line fit in great with the song. I like the fact that you did both performance and narrative. Nowadays you see mostly just performance-based music videos. I like the fact that it is just her in the performance, and then her and also a male in the narrative footage. So that's what I like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment