Wednesday 9 October 2013

The script for my coursework music video "Guns and Horses"


This is the script for my music video "Guns and Horses" by Ellie Goulding. I created this script on a program called Celtx. I was new to this program as I had never been introduced to it before, however, after receiving some help from the teacher, I was fine with being able to work it. The script consists of the location of the shot I will use, the action that will take place at this time, then the dialogue/lyrics that go with it so that I know exactly what time this shot will take place whilst filming. I thought that making this script was really helpful and a big part towards the making of my music video because I can print out this script and give it to all three of my actors/actresses so that they know exactly what they are doing and how to act in the filming. I uploaded this script to Issuu and then embedded it on here, so that it is easy to navigate through. I was aware that I didn't have to create a script for my coursework but I wanted to purely because I believe it will help me.


*Alterations*

Since producing this script, I have made many changes to the idea of my music video. My music video will still be half narrative, half performance based. The performance part will be my female actress Georgina walking through the woods, the camera following her, and she mimes to the song after having "just been through a break up", finding random props laying on the floor in her path as she goes along. However, these props are actually figures of her imagination, even though the viewers will still be able to see the props. Each time she curiously picks up a prop, it will merge into a flashback of her last relationship. This will happen each time with the props where they link to a "stage" of her relationship since I want to portray the "5 stages of a relationship" through these flashbacks. This will of course be the narrative part of the music video where Matt, my other actor comes into it. Then, each time it will go back to the performance and Georgina will realise that the "prop" in her hand has dissappeared and isn't actually really there, so she will continue her journey in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment