Friday 18 October 2013

Project log 18/10/13


Transcript:

This is my project log for the 18th October 2013. Today I've just basically been doing a lot of my research tasks, and yesterday I was off school ill so I've just basically been using my time wisely to finish off my research tasks and I've managed to finish all of them so I'm really pleased about that as it means I can now get ahead with my music video. I've completed my risk assessment which was quite a helpful  task because it helped me establish all of the different health and safety issues I might have with my music video and how I can prevent these from happening. Also I've done an analysis of a previous A2 music video, so that's just basically made me look at different ways in which students have made their music videos successful and I have analysed Roberto's, so that was quite helpful. I have finally uploaded my storyboard also, but I've basically changed all of my ideas for my music video now so it means that I'm going to have to re-do my storyboard again at some point, but I have uploaded this original storyboard. The new ideas I have for my music video are that it's still going to be half narrative, half performance-based and it's still going to be the same song. But I'm just going to use my actress walking through the woods and then she'll pick up different props that will be in her pathway, and each time she picks up a prop it will merge into a flashback that relates to the prop. The narrative part will basically be "5 stages of a relationship", and it will be her previous relationship with her ex-boyfriend. It will show flashbacks of each stage, e.g the heartbreak stage, the comfortable stage, the nervous/excited/early stage, and each prop will link to each stage. However, the audience will not know until the end that the props are actually a figure of the girl's imagination because she is experiencing almost post-trauma from her break-up as she is heartbroken. So that is my idea which is going to be quite hard to do, but I think it will work if I put a lot of work into it. I have also done voki creations of my actors that I'm going to be using, so I've basically just done a brief outline of what sort of people my actors are and things like that just to give the audience an insight. I have also done the "influence of music genre" task. I have re-done my lyric annotations because I felt as if my previous lyric annotations were not as great as they could be, so I have re-done them on a word document so that they look a lot better. Also I have realised that my picture mood-board that I completed quite a while ago isn't really that great, it could have a lot more work done to it, so I've started creating a mood board video instead, which is being created on Adobe Premiere Pro. I've completed this but there's been a few technical difficulties with that because it's not exporting so I'm going to have to ask the teacher about that. Also, I have added alterations to quite a lot of my previous tasks because obviously I have changed quite a lot of my ideas now to a completely different concept of my music video, so of course I need to inform the examiner that there's been a lot of changes and what changes have been made.
I also filmed on Wednesday and I got several first shots for my narrative done for Georgina and Matt. The majority of the shots were done in Georgina's room, so I basically almost finished the "first stage" of the relationship, which was the nervous/excited stage of the relationship. This is where I filmed shots of her getting ready, throwing clothes around, doing her make-up and things like this. I also filmed the "first time they met" and went on a date together. Georgina has a bar in her back garden so I filmed them in the bar together, but I used a certain angle so that it looked professional. I attempted to film that but the camera ran out of battery so I will have to continue that soon. However I am quite pleased with the shots I have filmed so far and I plan on continuing to film hopefully next Wednesday because that's the next time Matt has off work, so hopefully I can get the majority of my filming done then. Then on the performing-side of my music video, I will be doing a lot of them shots with just Georgina so that she does not get distracted by Matt, and I will most likely be filming them next week some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment