Monday 14 October 2013

Project log 14/10/13

Today was actually a really interesting lesson because I have walked out of it with a different mindset towards my music video. Our exam media teacher wasn't in today, so instead of going home I stayed for the two periods and used my time wisely, completing coursework. As I did this coursework I was thinking about the concept of my music video and its storyline, and realised that actually the storyline might be quite boring for the audience as there isn't a massive anticipated climax. So, I asked a teacher Mr Fisher on what his opinion was on my ideas and how I could improve him, and he helped me a lot as he gave me many great ideas to play with. A few of these ideas were:

  • rewind the narrative. Start from the end, end with the start
  • use props as a main aspect to the music video. For example, do a narrative where a girl is walking through her room and as she picks up each prop, it links back to a flashback that relates to it of her and Matt's relationship
  • do a music video where it shows Georgina's 'split personality' - 3 sides to her personality = 3 different people. So, her in different costumes showing a different personality, and how she reacts to her and Matts' relationship is different in each
I have taken deeply into consideration these ideas and am now looking to really think about my song carefully and see how I can incorporate a few of these ideas to make my music video's storyline better. At the end of the day, the main aim of my music video is to engage the audience, and if I feel like I am not going to do this with my current ideas for storylining, then clearly I will improve this as much as I can to fit the aim.
After thinking a bit about this, I might try and re-do a whole storyboard again to give me a clear view of what shots I need to use etc so that I am not confused and disorganised on the scheduled filming days. However, in this case I need to make this storyboard soon if I'm going to as I have scheduled to film soon this week.
Tonight I also plan on completing all of my research tasks and clearing up my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment