Thursday 10 October 2013

Project log 10/10/13

Today I have not been in school, so I have taken it upon myself to do some work on my music video. I wanted to test what the slow motion effect and black and white effect would look like on some of the artistic shots I created of my actress Jessica doing her gymnastics, and what the outcome would be, for example whether it would look professional or not. So, knowing that of course I would not be editing my final music video on Windows Movie Maker, I was at home and decided to use simply Windows Movie Maker to test some effects on some of these shots, just to make some progress. I have uploaded the contents to YouTube and embedded it here, just to show what it looks like. Overall I am quite impressed with the results as I believe the effects make the shots look quite artistic, and now I know what some of them will look like in my final music video.





Furthermore, after this I decided I really wanted to test some of my first shots with the soundtrack on Windows Movie Maker just to see what it looks like and how it pans out. It actually worked out quite well, however I know that some shots are quite shaky, the cropping and timing could be better, and I could improve the colour and quality of some as they do not all match and some are quite blurry. However of course this was just a test and I will be improving on all these aspects when I have filmed everything and finally begin to start editing them all on Adobe Premiere Pro.



After this, I also put together the pieces of raw footage I have of the locations for my music video and uploaded them. Then I also uploaded the pictures I had taken of the locations. 

Overall I think today I have made quite a lot of progress as I have now got an idea for what my music video will look like, what improvements I need to make and how I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment