Wednesday 11 September 2013

Storyboard

This is the storyboard I have drawn out for my music video. It explains the shot type, angle, movement, what will happen in the shot and at what specific time/lyric it will happen. In total there are roughly 55 shots in this storyboard. I feel like creating this storyboard has really helped me because it has made me feel organised and up to date with what ideas I am using, and also I can show this storyboard to my actor/actresses and they will know exactly what to do and what is happening. Overall, a very helpful task. 

  *Alterations*

Since producing this storyboard, I have made many changes to the idea of my music video. My music video will still be half narrative, half performance based. The performance part will be my female actress Georgina walking through the woods, the camera following her, and she mimes to the song after having "just been through a break up", finding random props laying on the floor in her path as she goes along. However, these props are actually figures of her imagination, even though the viewers will still be able to see the props. Each time she curiously picks up a prop, it will merge into a flashback of her last relationship. This will happen each time with the props where they link to a "stage" of her relationship since I want to portray the "5 stages of a relationship" through these flashbacks. This will of course be the narrative part of the music video where Matt, my other actor comes into it. Then, each time it will go back to the performance and Georgina will realise that the "prop" in her hand has dissappeared and isn't actually really there, so she will continue her journey in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment