Thursday 19 September 2013

Audience research

Below is a Prezi presentation on my choice of target audience. This contains what I think my primary and secondary audience would be, and just generally what sort of people I think the audience for my music video will be. This presentation helped me because it has made me realise how I need to incorporate my music video into aiming it at my target audience when I make it.



However, after creating this Prezi I took it upon myself to create another presentation on some actual research on my target audience. I went around my sixth form and asked precisely 30 students (all my age, because this is my target audience), 15 females and 15 males, some questions, and made this powerpoint on it. The results are very interesting and have helped me in the process of planning and making my music video a lot. You will find the presentation below:


Further research:

I thought it would be a good idea to actually get some audience research in a video. So, as you can see here, I told my peer Rag'e about the ideas I had for my music video and asked him for some feedback. I filmed him at school doing so.





Transcript:

Hannah: What do you think of my storyboard so far and the ideas that I've created?
Rag'e: from looking at your storyboard and your initial ideas, I like the fact that you've done an idea that all girls can relate to with the five stages of a break-up, like denial, acceptance, her being excited about like dating the guy and then finding out that he's cheated or he's texting someone else. It's something that really represents all teenagers, so I think that's a good idea.
Hannah: Thank you. Do you think there's any improvements I need to make on it?
Rag'e: In terms of improvements I'd say just make sure she knows the lyrics and that the costume's right and that in terms of filming it it's not too hard to interpret, I'd say. Make sure it's something you can achieve in terms of props and stuff like that and it's easy to grab.
Hannah: What sort of costume do you think my main female protagonist should have?
Rag'e: For costume I'd say that if you're going to do the five stages, make them really distinctive and seperate from eachother, so that when she's at the nervous stage she can wear this really glitzy dress, and when she goes into the cheating stage make sure she wears all black. Make them all really purporised and different.
Hannah: Do you think my ideas actually fit with the song?
Rag'e: I like the idea that it's quite ironic with the fact that this is an up-tempo song, the fact that this is such a depressing/sad moment for all teenage girls and teenage boys, so I like the idea that it's ironic and the fact that it's ironic is even better and it works and it's seperate from the original song.
Hannah: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment