Saturday 4 January 2014

Audience feedback survey (and how I handed out my survey)

PLEASE TAKE MY AUDIENCE FEEDBACK SURVEY: http://surveymonkey.com/s/LFVBRM5

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

With Survey Monkey, I created a survey asking 10 questions I believe would help me improve my music video. I have used many different methods of getting my music video target audience to take the survey in order to give me sufficient audience feedback.

To get a good amount of survey responses, I used social networking methods such as Facebook:




All of the Media Studies students put together a Facebook group conversation and we decided to send the group our individual surveys with the videos, so that we could all watch eachothers music videos and fill out eachothers surveys to help eachother. I thought this was a great idea as we are able to get feedback from fellow Media students who actually know what they are talking about and can understand perhaps more "Media-suited" questions, such as ones about camera angles etc. Also, this means I'm getting sufficient feedback from my actual target audience.

I also set a status on Facebook:



I also used methods such as Twitter:


As you can see, I set a status asking people to fill out my survey. I feel it is unlikely that tweeters will take the time out of their day to fill out a survey they are not that bothered about realistically, however I felt that it was necessary to get as many responses as possible, and it is worth a try. It's also good to get feedback from people who are out of the Media A level circle and see what their view is on my music video.


I also texted a few of my friends and told my family about this survey. I found that all of these methods were well-suited and successful, as even though some of my family are not my target audience, it will be useful to get opinions from varied age groups.

Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are of course very useful for surveys, particularly for me, because they involve mainly the people who are my target audience, so it's a perfect way to hand out my survey.


I am currently awaiting responses for my survey. So far I have 7, and I'm hoping to have near 20 by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment