Thursday 16 January 2014

Project log 16/01/14 (analysing the results of my peer assessment)



Transcript:

Today in class, we all had to present the first or second drafts of our music videos. Then, we had to ask a few questions to our class members. I asked questions such as “what did you make of the narrative of my music video, did you understand it?”, “did the mise-en-scene suit the genre of the song?” and “what are some potential improvements you could give me?”. I received feedback from Ciaran for example, who said that my music video was really understandable and the narrative was clear. Then, we handed out sheets which everyone had to fill out. They asked questions based on the editing of my music video, the filming etc.. My peers had to give me a level on each of the aspects given, which was based on a level sheet which states what each level means. Some of the constructive criticism feedback I received was that I should cut some of the shots more as some of the shots are too long and that I should fix the blurry shots, and that I should also colour correct some shots. However, some positive feedback I received was that the narrative was clear and that the mise-en-scene fits in well with the genre for example. I was really pleased with the feedback I received. Then, I received feedback from my teacher, who said that she really liked my music video and that the narrative was clear and fluent; however the only thing she’d change is the ending shot where Georgina laughs and smiles on the last lyric. She said that this confused her as the majority of the music video consisted of Georgina being upset, and that the whole video made sense apart from this shot, so I should change it. Ciaran said that I should perhaps fade the last shot into white. I will definitely take all of this advice on board and I would say that this feedback session has really helped me as I have the feedback on paper and can refer to it whenever I like which will really help me in making my music video the best I possibly can. I plan on putting all of this data onto a pie chart soon so that I can summarise my feedback properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment