Tuesday 27 August 2013

Audience feedback

I went over to some of my friends and family and asked them to look at my lyric analysis and resource audit, and give me some good and bad feedback on my ideas. They wrote their feedback down on a piece of paper and I transferred it onto here. Overall I found the feedback very helpful because it means I can improve on parts that my target audience generally found bad, and feel good about the parts that seem to have gone well so far. I am definitely planning on using this feedback in the future to improve my music video.

Rag'e Ali



As you can see here, I told Rag'e about the ideas I had for my music video and asked him for some feedback. I filmed him at school doing so.
Transcript:

Hannah: What do you think of my storyboard so far and the ideas that I've created?
Rag'e: from looking at your storyboard and your initial ideas, I like the fact that you've done an idea that all girls can relate to with the five stages of a break-up, like denial, acceptance, her being excited about like dating the guy and then finding out that he's cheated or he's texting someone else. It's something that really represents all teenagers, so I think that's a good idea.
Hannah: Thank you. Do you think there's any improvements I need to make on it?
Rag'e: In terms of improvements I'd say just make sure she knows the lyrics and that the costume's right and that in terms of filming it it's not too hard to interpret, I'd say. Make sure it's something you can achieve in terms of props and stuff like that and it's easy to grab.
Hannah: What sort of costume do you think my main female protagonist should have?
Rag'e: For costume I'd say that if you're going to do the five stages, make them really distinctive and seperate from eachother, so that when she's at the nervous stage she can wear this really glitzy dress, and when she goes into the cheating stage make sure she wears all black. Make them all really purporised and different.
Hannah: Do you think my ideas actually fit with the song?
Rag'e: I like the idea that it's quite ironic with the fact that this is an up-tempo song, the fact that this is such a depressing/sad moment for all teenage girls and teenage boys, so I like the idea that it's ironic and the fact that it's ironic is even better and it works and it's seperate from the original song.
Hannah: Thank you.

Jessica Wambeek

"There is a good consistency between the lyrics and the visuals which is good because it means the music video will be thorough and the audience can completely understand the story. Just make sure that it doesn't become too cliché and obvious so that the audience can't predict it too much. But apart from that I think that the ideas are imaginative and it will work!"

Georgina Weatherall

This is a print screen I took of the text Georgina sent me on my phone with feedback on my music video ideas:



Transcript:
Your idea for the music video is well thought-out and solid which I like. I love the idea of the female picking up imaginary props, because its mysterious as its something the audience have to figure out themselves :) the five stages is something your target audience can actually relate to so I can see it being successful. Great ideas :)

Sinead Hamilton

"My first impression is that you've got some great ideas for your music video. I believe that many teenagers will be able to relate to your music video. All I'd say is just make sure that the story doesn't become confusing for the people who are watching it from scene to scene. But overall I reckon it's going to turn out great."

Max Alley

"You've made sure to include a variety of settings throughout the music video and also there are different scenes per chorus which is good and original, since most music videos use the same, if not similar scenes for each chorus which can become boring and repetitive. I'd just advise you not to make the music video too similar to the lyrics or it'll become predictable for those viewing it."

Sara Dinler

"Very creative ideas for your music video and the fact that you've used a storyline where everything is fine at the start, then there is a problem and finally everything is not too bad at the end, will be quite satisfying for the audience and I reckon it'll make them feel like there is something substantial in there that will keep them watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment